The Stockholm Resilience Centre (SRC) is a joint initiative of Stockholm University and the Bejer International Institute of Ecological Economics at The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. Internationally recognised, it conducts and publicizes transdisciplinary research.
The SRC has divided its activities under themes:
- Global dynamics. How local and regional drivers can generate global-scale challenges like crises in energy, food, and water.
- Landscapes. Freshwater, food and ecosystem services in dynamic social-ecological landscapes.
- Marine. Broaden and deepen our understanding of the resilience and dynamics of marine social-ecological systems.
- Regime shifts. Operationalizing the regime shifts theory to explain important mechanisms in social-ecological systems.
- Stewardship. Analyses the social, institutional, economic and ecological foundations of multilevel governance that are successful in building social-ecological resilience.
- Urban. Looks at linkages between ecosystem services, biodiversity, societies and humankind in an urban context.