Dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge on social entrepreneurship and social enterprise, SOCENT is a Belgian initiative currently involving 257 Belgian research teams and 112 international partners. The current research phase covers the period from 2012 to 2017 and several papers have now been published. Research is carried out under 6 main themes:
- Social Innovation and Social Opportunities;
- Financing Social Enterprise;
- Employment and Human Resource Management;
- Governance in Social Enterprises;
- Social Enterprise Models and Institutionalisation processes (ICSEM);
- Integration of findings and theoretical contribution;
- Transversal (includes or incorporates more than one theme).
International partners include Georgia State University, the Carlson School of Management of the University of Minnesota, the Center for Corporate Social Responsibilitiy of the Copenhagen Business School and the European Research Institute on Cooperatives and Social Enterprises.