There are perhaps no more convincing arguments for peace than those made by the soldiers who have been on the front lines.
Veterans For Peace is a global organization of Military Veterans and allies working to build a culture of peace. Uniquely qualified by their experiences, they share their knowledge of the true causes and enormous costs of war. Founded in 1985 by 10 U.S. veterans in response to the global nuclear arms race and U.S. military interventions in Central America, the organisation now has over 140 chapters worldwide.
We, having dutifully served our nation, do hereby affirm our greater responsibility to serve the cause of world peace.
Veterans for Peace is dedicated to
- increasing public awareness of the costs of war;
- restraining governments from intervening in the internal affairs of other nations;
- ending the arms race through reducing and eventually eliminating nuclear weapons;
- seeking justice for veterans and victims of war; and
- abolishing war as an instrument of national policy.
For more information on Veterans for Peace, click here or watch a 6 minute introductory interview here, on our Sweet Songs page.
Thank you for reading. Please feel free to leave comments in the space below.